Friday, October 18, 2013

day seventeen & eighteen: praying BIG is repenting & being weak.

Oh y'all.  The last two nights I've chosen rich, deep conversations instead of writing this blog.  Sheesh.  But I do have lots stored up and coming soon.  :)

Tonight I'm stewing on two things: 1. Praying BIG is repenting.  2. Praying BIG is knowing God is strong.

So here's the teaser and tomorrow I'll elaborate more.

Praying BIG is repenting.  When we don't repent of the things that displace God in our life, we, in essence, block Him from potentially BIG plans.

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion, blot out my transgressions." 
Psalm 51:1 


Praying BIG is knowing God is strong.  It is when I REALLY acknowledge and submit to the fact that even at my strongest I am WEAK, I pray the biggest. When I wrap my mind around and submit to the fact that I have no strength outside of Christ, the value of prayer being the greater work becomes infinitely greater.

"I must refuse to entertain the notion that my work can be done through any other strength but God's and to any other end besides His glory." 
-Gloria Furman Jesus Cancelled Your Mommy Guilt Trip


See y'all tomorrow...unless a good conversation comes along.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment