Monday, October 7, 2013

day seven: saying thanks is praying BIG.

(Another Pinterest snag.)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer & petitions, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts & minds in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:5-6

Reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp was one of the best decisions I've ever made.  Not that it was a hard one since the book is so beautiful I just had to buy it.  I don't care what they say, I still judge books by their covers.  (The only exception I've ever found is Jesus Calling--horrible cover--AMAZING book.)  When I bought it I literally reasoned that if I didn't like it that at least it would be a pretty book for my bookshelf.



The whole premise for the book is that Ann challenges herself to keep a list of 1,000 Gifts and then she chronicles how it changes her life and relationship with Jesus along the way.  As I read it, I found myself praying prayers of gratitude throughout the day in a way I never had before.  To say I recommend it is an understatement.

When I have my eyes open (which have only been opened by His grace) and when I can stop -- even just for a few seconds -- and say THANK YOU -- then praying BIG becomes more and more natural. When I can see what He HAS done and IS doing then asking for BIG things to come is only logical. 

Here are two little people who have me saying "thank you" to our Creator regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment