Sunday, November 3, 2013

days one & two: gifts EATEN & gifts WORN

day one: gifts EATEN:

"Taste & see that the LORD is good. Oh, the JOYS of those who take refuge in Him! Fear the LORD, you His godly people, for those who fear Him have all they need.  Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing." Psalm 34:8-10

1. Honey crisp apples.


2. Fresh Market Christmas blend coffee.


This coffee is heaven in a cup.  I had ten minutes and Fresh Market alone and I carried this tiny cup around the store with me and savored every tiny little sip.  Then I bought a bag.  That was two days ago and I've had six cups since.  Delish. 
3. Avacado BLT on fancy bread.

[No picture--ate it too fast, maybe? :)]

day two: gifts WORN:
1. Favorite new Nike shorts.

2. Neon tennis shoes.

3. Over-sized Young Life t-shirt from 1997.


 I got this shirt when I went to Frontier Ranch after my freshman year in high school.  It's funny the things you remember.  I, in particular, seem to remember nothing.  But I remember everything about that trip.  Every single stop we took on our bus ride out there.  The names of the "cute boys" from the other areas at camp.  Leaving my Birkenstocks at a hotel in Denver.  Going on a morning horse ride and having a camp fire breakfast.  Which cabin and bunk bed I slept in.  But mostly, I remember this:

That I met the speaker at camp that week (Steve Chesney) in the store and talked to him with a few friends.  That night at club, he talked about Jesus dying on the cross.  Near the end of the talk, he said:

"Jesus died on the cross for you, Megan."

He said some other names after that, too, but I wasn't paying attention because this socked me in the gut.  There was no running from God's direct-ness in getting my attention that night.  After club they gave us the infamous 15 minutes of quiet out in the beauty of God's creation and I remember that wet grass I laid in and having one of my first real intentional conversations with God.  That was the night my relationship with God got personal.

This weekend 125 kids from Alamance County got to go to Young Life camp at Carolina Point and hear the same good news.  It was a privilege to pray for them...all while wearing my 1997 Frontier shirt.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment